From grocery to medicine, from fashion to home appliances, people have now found a smart way to shop. We always look forward to an eCommerce that would bring the world closer to us. With a tap of our fingers, we can have access to all our requirements. For all the reasons the eCommerce websites are gaining importance among people. Ecommerce sites are evolving and improving every day, bringing new ideas and catering to your daily needs. Today for all the services and products, customers rely on eCommerce websites.
In accordance to meet to your regular requirements, eCommerce websites should be well equipped and developed, and to develop or improve the eCommerce websites, some basic attributes should be borne in mind. When there are constant competitions in the market, each eCommerce should have the ability to stand out from the rest to increase conversions.
That’s brings us to take a quick look at the essential and important checklist to develop a better eCommerce store.
- Know your customer and relate your products – The important aspect of any eCommerce website is to learn your customer’s needs and relate their requirements to your products and services. This requires a bit of research and of course, following customers browsing history. You can study your customer’s behavior through their browsing history and customize your products and services to relate it to their needs. For example – if your customer has been searching home appliances often, you can customize your websites and introduce a collection of home appliances of different categories. This practice will surely multiply the conversion rates as your customers will keep coming back for more.
To identify your customers and their requirements you can,
Segregate your customers on the basis of their age, gender, education, marital status, and more. Keep track of your audience’s search habits, what offers they are looking for, and what are their likes and dislikes. Nothing works better than interacting with your customers. You can include feedback form, suggestion form, and more to get to know your customers better, learn about their likes, dislikes, and more.
- Finding the right platform – to build or develop a right eCommerce website, you need to select the accurate platform. You have to know what exactly your site is built for and what are you likely to sell. Based on this, you have to select the perfect for safe and secure transactions. As the eCommerce website development platform forms the backbone of every online business, you can pick or select the right development platform such as Magneto, Shopify, and more.
- Website needs to be personalized based on your customer’s requirements – Whatever maybe your business, eCommerce online platform need to be customized to fit all the needs of your customers It should be easy to navigate, view and browse across the catalogs of products and services, so that the customers can easily pick from the wide range of products available on the website.
- Easy payment gateway – It is a striking idea to incorporate an easy payment option on the website for the customers. When there are loads of transactions taking place every day, customers seek easy, safe, and secure payment options. Easy payment options will make things convenient for the customers and will help them to choose the products with complete peace of mind. Hence, you can include multiple payment options like cash on delivery, credit cards, debit cards, paytm, net banking, and more.
- Make your site responsive – Undoubtedly the new digital world has come to the tip of your finger, or it may be right to say so that your fingertips can control the digital world. Having said so, can we disagree that these days all the major online payments, shopping and even booking movie tickets and ordering food online are done on your mobile phones? I guess we all know the answer. Hence it is a requirement to build your eCommerce website as responsive as possible. It should be easily accessible through your phones, desktops, laptops, and even tablets.
- Great user experience – Your eCommerce website demand an organized and easy to use UX features. With great admin features comes the robust backend support as well. Therefore, it becomes an essential aspect and demands a great user experience.
- A perfect eCommerce hosting platform – Easy to access and high in performance are the two essential attributes that the customer’s lookout for a good eCommerce website. A good hosting and support platform can increase your conversion rates and can help you retain your loyal customers.
- High website speed in multiple devices – To attract more loyal customers and to rank high on the search engines, your eCommerce website should have equal speed on all the devices.
- Equal performance even in high traffic – A good eCommerce website certainly attracts high traffic, but what if in between the server go down? This is essential that the performance of your eCommerce does not go down even if the website is overloaded with high traffic.
- High data security – Huge amount of data are stored in this eCommerce website, so it is extremely important to maintain the security of these confidential data.
- Brilliant design and user interface – Need to plan a brilliant marketing strategy for your eCommerce website? Why don’t you try having the coolest user interface and site design? This can be the ultimate step towards a successful marketing design.
- Prominent shopping cart and search options – Having a prominent shopping cart and search option can attract your customers to your eCommerce websites. The cart icon and search option should be well distributed across the website and in such a way that it does not miss out on visibility. The search bar on each of the pages can help the customers to look out for the products they are interested in buying.
- An attractive brand logo – An attractive brand logo can be eye-candy for many customers. Reputation is built on the brand logo and can help to establish your brands.
- Offers can drive more prospective customers – Introducing offers and discounts certainly increases the success rate of conversion. The catch here is to include these offers and discounts in an attractive call to action to attract more conversions
- Highlight the best sellers – If you have certain products that are selling high on your website, you could start by highlighting the essential qualities of these products.
- A picture speaks – Imagine you define the products, how about a picture beside the description? There is no doubt that we read the product description, but the impact of having a high definition picture can simply engage the visitor’s attention almost immediately.
Finally, keep following the latest trend or rather unleash the new trend, and the world will be at your feet. Happy shopping!